NEWPORT, R.I. -In the United States April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities on how to prevent it.
Salve Regina spring sports teams in action the rest of this month to promote awareness - look for teal socks and wristbands on the Seahawks.
- Wed., April 19 (4 p.m. - Gaudet Field) Salve Regina hosts Nichols (women's lacrosse)
- Thu., April 20 (4 p.m. - Toppa Field) Salve Regina hosts Eastern Conn. St. (softball)
- Fri., April 21 (4 p.m. - Leroy Ave. courts) Salve Regina hosts Regis (women's tennis)
- Sat., April 22 (12 p.m. - Lawrence Ave. field) Salve Regina hosts Curry (men's lacrosse)
- Sun., April 23 (12 p.m. - Reynolds Field) Salve Regina hosts Wentworth (baseball)
- Tue., April 25 (3:30 p.m. - Leroy Ave. courts) Salve Regina hosts Roger Williams (men's tennis)
The Seahawk women's track and field team will carry the message on the road as they compete at the Wesleyan Invitational in Middletown, Conn. (Sat., April 22) and at the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Invitational in Portsmouth, R.I. (Sat., April 29).
Salve Regina University student-athletes have taken a stand against sexual assault and are partnering with the university to raise awareness. Each athlete is wearing a wristband/socks to represent their commitment to ending sexual assault on the Salve Regina University campus and beyond.
Join the Seahawks at any and all events listed above, and share the message to get involved - http://www.nsvrc.org/saam/get-involved