August Preseason Move-In 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. - Salve Regina University director of athletics Jody Mooradian has announced arrival dates for eight Seahawk teams during August 2019. The department sponsors 20 varsity sports and eight have their primary championship in the fall; women's tennis, which competes in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), has its NCAA championships in the spring.
"Playing a sport is a privilege, not a right."
Salve Regina football, a member of the Commonwealth Coast Football league, arrives on Wed., August 14. All other fall sports with a pre-season compete in the CCC as well.
"A student may be invited to participate in or tryout during pre-season by a coach," says Mooradian. "If that is the case, you will have received formal communications from the coach of that sport. Pre-season is by invitation only. If students do not make the roster during pre-season, they will be expected to return home until the general student population arrives."
Arrival dates for all authorized pre-season student-athletes (PDF version):
|Sport - Date||Time and Location|
|Football - 8/14/2019||12 p.m. (upperclassmen) | 1 p.m. (freshmen) in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Men's Soccer - 8/16/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Women's Soccer - 8/16/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Women's Volleyball - 8/16/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Field Hockey - 8/18/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Men's Cross Country - 8/22/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Women's Cross Country - 8/22/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
|Women's Tennis - 8/26/2019||12 p.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center|
- More socks than you think you need
- Vaseline® (blister prevention)
- Comfortable, supportive footwear
- Water bottle (32 oz.)
This is not a full move in; do not bring any items for fall assignment, only bring items necessary for your pre-season. Students move into their regular assignment on August 22, if room available.
IMPORTANT CHECK-IN INFORMATION
- Student IDs - All returning students must bring their ID to check-in on their assigned date and keep it with them at all times. New students will receive their ID at check-in or be sent to the appropriate office to have their photo taken to receive an ID.
- Temporary rooms – All students residing in temporary rooms will be required to clean the room prior to moving out to their permanent rooms. Any rooms not cleaned to our standard, or any furniture missing from rooms, will delay that student from moving into his/her permanent room.
- Health records, immunizations, sports medicine paperwork – A complete and up to date health profile and forms must be submitted on SportsWareOnline.
- The deadlines for all athletic-related medical clearance information are as follows:
- Thu., August 1 Cross Country | Field Hockey | Football | Soccer | Tennis (w) | Volleyball
- Tue., September 3 Baseball | Equestrian | Lacrosse | Softball | Sailing | Tennis (m)
- Tue., October 1 Basketball | Ice Hockey | Track and Field
- Late submission of paperwork will result in indefinite delays of medical clearance. Student-athletes WILL NOT be eligible to participate until all aspects of the forms are complete and processed. (All medical information for varsity student-athletes should be completed and submitted via SportsWareOnline)