BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team led wire-to-wire in its 95-63 conference victory over Salve Regina University on Saturday afternoon at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Endicott featured four student-athletes in double-figures, which included a 35-point effort from Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) on the day (12-18 FG, 9-12 3PT, 2-2 FT).
Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine) also added 12 points and eight rebounds in the win, while Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine) had 10 points and seven boards. Jordan Pettway (Bridgeport, Conn.) rounded out the group with 11 points and a career-high (tied) seven assists.
Leading 15-14 with 11:32 remaining in the first half, the Gulls put the contest away with a 27-5 run over a 9:19 span to claim a 42-19 advantage and never looked back. Seven student-athletes contributed during the spurt; however, Brown led the charge with 11 points, which featured three 3-pointers. Pettway also notched four points, while Mathew Catizone (Woburn, Mass.) and Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.) had three points, and Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) and McDevitt posted two points apiece.
Beyond the Box Score
- Endicott is 23-15 in the all-time series.
- Brown's 35 points today ranks tied for ninth all-time in a single game.
- His nine 3-pointers made also ranks tied for third all-time.
- Brown holds the top-four 3-point field goals made single-game records (the program record is 10 made threes).
- Meanwhile, his .750 three-point field goal percentage (9-for-12) from today's game ranks second all-time in a single game (min. 10 attempts).
- Louis Ellis (Lynnfield, Mass.) scored a career-high six points off of two made three-pointers late in the second half.
- The Gulls saw nine different student-athletes factor into the scoring column.
- As a team, Endicott made 19 three-pointers, which ranks tied for fourth all-time in a single game.
Endicott (11-5, 4-3 CCC) travels to the University of New England on Wednesday, January 16 at 7:30 PM. Salve Regina 7-9, 3-4 CCC) hosts Gordon next Wednesday at 7:30 PM.