SEAHAWK MEN'S BASKETBALL RESULTS
Endicott 76, Salve Regina 63
Rodgers Rec. Ctr. - Newport, R.I.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. - Endicott College scored the first 14 points of the game, but relinquished the lead late in the second half, before rebounding for a 13-point victory (76-63) over Salve Regina University in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) men's basketball action at the Rodgers Recreation Center.
Series and Streaks
Endicott leads the all-time series, 24-15, and has won six of the last seven meetings including sweeping the season series.
Three Stars of the Game
- Endicott junior Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) netted a game-high 23 points on four field goals (two 3-pointers) and 13-of-15 from the free-throw line.
- Salve Regina freshman Mike Palmieri (Bristol, Conn.) came off the bench to score 12 points including back-to-back baskets in the second half for the first Seahawk lead.
- Salve Regina sophomore Cameron Collins (Oakdale, Conn.) registered his third double-double of the season (13 points, 10 rebounds) with six of 15 field goals and one free throw.
Key Stat of the Game
Endicott outscored Salve Regina, 20-7, from the charity stripe. The Seahawks won the battle of the boards with 50 rebounds, 15 more than the Gulls.
After Mike Palmieri hit his only two baskets of the second half (two-pointer at 7:46, and a 3-pointer at 6:32), the Seahawks had their first lead (56-54). Brown and Collins exchanged baskets between 6:20 and 5:55, then after three free throws for the Gulls, Kevin Mannix (Barrington, R.I.) and Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.) exchanged layups between 4:51 and 4:36. Andrew Bronstein (Needham, Mass.) gave Salve Regina its last lead (62-61) with a pair of free throws at 3:54. A fastbreak layup from Jordan Pettway (Bridgeport, Conn.) returned the advantage to Endicott with just over three minutes remaining. Endicott then had a rare five-point play with a 3-pointer in the corner from Shehadi occuring at the same time a foul was called away from the ball. Brown made the two free throws.
- Endicott made 10 3-pointers from six different players, none with more than two.
- Joe Shehadi had 15 points and a team-high eight rebounds for the visitors.
- Salve Regina sophomore Kevin Kelly (Valhalla, N.Y.) led all players with 11 rebounds as a reserve.
- Paced by Palmieri, Salve Regina's bench outscored Endicott's (28-17).
- While the Gulls were hitting 10 times from long range, the Seahawks outscored the visitors in the paint (34-28).
Salve Regina (7-14, 3-9 CCC) continues its four-game homestand when it hosts University of New England on Saturday, February 2 (3 p.m.). Endicott (14-6, 7-4 CCC) hosts Wentworth Institute of Technology on Groundhog Day (3 p.m.).