SEAHAWK MEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 4, Curry 4
Portsmouth Abbey - Portsmouth, R.I.
Friday, November 9, 2018
Series and Streaks
Curry leads the all-time series 26-9-2, however the Seahawks have gone 6-4-1 over the last eleven meetings.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina freshman George Sennott (North Andover, Mass.) scored his first collegiate goal on the powerplay in the third period to tie the game 4-4.
- Salve Regina sophomore Timothy Sweeney (Hanover, Mass.) scored the first goal of the game and handed out an assist.
- Curry sophomore Cody Murch (Raleigh, N.C.) made 32 saves to fall to 1-0-1 in net for the Colonels.
Key Stat of the Game
Special teams played a big role in the game. The Seahawks held the Colonels to 0-for-5 on the powerplay while going 2-for-7 themselves on the man-advantage. Both teams scored shorthanded goals as well.
George Sennot followed up the rebound of his own shot from the right side on the powerplay and wristed a shot past the Colonels netminder to tie the game 8:22 into the third period. It was the final score of the night.
- Late in the third period to Colonels had a 5-on-3 powerplay and opted to pull the goalie in a tied game for a 6-on-3 advantage. The gamble did not pay off, nor did it cost the visitors as the Seahawks killed off both penalties and got back to even strength.
- The Seahawks outshot the Colonels 36-27.
- Eight different players scored in the game.
- Seahawks netminder Blake Wojtala (Trenton, Mich.) made 23 saves to fall to 1-1-1 between the pipes.
Salve Regina (1-1-1, 1-1-1 CCC) and Curry (3-0-2, 2-0-1 CCC) will rematch tomorrow night in Milton, Mass., at 4:50 p.m.