SEAHAWK MEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Nichols 13, Salve Regina 9
Newport, R.I. – Lawrence Avenue
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
The Nichols College men's lacrosse team jumped out to an early lead and rode to a 13-9 victory over Salve Regina University in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action in Newport, R.I. on Wednesday afternoon.
Series and Streaks
This was the 19th meeting between the two teams. The Seahawks still hold a 12-7 advantage in the all-time series, but the Bison snap a four game losing streak in the series.
Three Stars of the Game
- Nichols sophomore Jack Campanale (Shrewsbury, Mass.) - scored three goals and handed out two assists.
- Nichols junior Jack Zaremski (Dorchester, Mass.) - scored four times for the Bison.
- Salve Regina senior Nick LoCicero (Lynbrook, N.Y.) - scored four times, collected four groundballs, and caused a turnover.
After the Seahawks fell behind 7-2 out of the gates in the second half they went on a 6-2 run to narrow the game. Andrew Fera (Crantson, R.I.) scored with 11:09 remaining in the fourth to cap a 3-0 Seahawks run making it 9-8 in favor of Nichols, but the Bison responded by scoring four of the final five goals of the game to seal the victory.
- Matt D'Amore (Duxbury, Mass.) made seven saves in the loss to fall to 7-8 on the season in net for Salve Regina.
- James Keane (Franklin, Mass.) stopped five shots to pick up the win and improve to 6-2 in net for the Bison.
- The Seahawks held a 33-24 shot advantage but only 14 of those shots found the net, while 20 of the Bison's shots were on goal.
- This was the first time since 2009 that the Seahawks played on campus, and the first time ever playing on Lawrence Avenue.
Salve Regina (7-8, 1-5 CCC) – Saturday, April 22 vs Curry, 12 p.m.
Nichols (9-7, 2-5 CCC) – Saturday, April 22 vs Gordon, 11 a.m.