SEAHAWK MEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Salve Regina 15, Curry 13
Middletown, Rhode Island - Gaudet Field
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. - Freshman goalie Mike Sullivan (Exeter, N.H.) made a career-high 17 saves for the Salve Regina University men's lacrosse team in a 15-13 victory over Curry College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Tuesday evening.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks own a 13-9 record in the all-time series.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina freshman Mike Sullivan made a game, and career-high 17 saves, six in the fourth quarter, to improve to 2-1 on the season.
- Curry junior Jake Stebbins (Colchester, Vt.) scored four goals, had an assist, and caused two turnovers.
- Salve Regina senior Mike Mongelli (Roslyn, N.Y.) scored two goals, had three ground balls, and caused three turnovers.
Key Stat of the Game
Salve Regina converted 4-of-8 man-up situations while the Colonels were held to 2-for-8.
The Seahawks opened the second half with four straight goals, from four different goal scorers, to take a 12-5 lead. In the fourth, Mike Mongelli's second goal of the game gave the Seahawks a 15-11 cushion with 5:28 to play. Kyle Ton (Norwich, Conn.) struck for the Colonels on the man-up with 3:27 left, but they could not score again until 56 second remaining with Devin Newell (Medford, Mass.) netted his first of the game. The surge was too little, too late and time ran out on a Colonels comeback bid.
- Bobby Cannan (Bernardsville, N.J.) got the start for the Colonels and saw 22:03 of action, allowing eight goals without making a save. He was relieved by Josh Teller (Milford, Conn.) who made six saves and allowed seven goals in the loss to fall to 2-5 on the year between the pipes for Curry.
- Harrison Fallon (Wrentham, Mass.) had four goals and an assist for the Colonels.
- Three Seahawks netted hat-tricks: Pat Leary, Ethan Robson, and Brendan Kelly.
- The Colonels held a 41-28 advantage in shots.
Salve Regina (5-2, 2-0 CCC) hosts Nichols in another Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) matchup on Saturday, April 6, and 4 p.m., for Senior Day. Curry (4-7, 1-3 CCC) hosts Gordon.