SEAHAWK WOMEN'S BASKETBALL RESULTS
Bowdoin 65, Salve Regina 39
Newport, R.I.. – Rodgers Recreation Center
Saturday, November 28, 2015
NEWPORT, R.I. - Bowdoin College continues its mastery over Salve Regina University in women's basketball with a 65-39 victory at Rodgers Recreation Center. Both teams had at least 10 players in the scoring column.
Series and Streaks
Bowdoin entered the game 7-0 in all-time series with Salve Regina, most recently a 40-point victory in 2014 (73-33). Salve Regina has been held under 40 points twice in the last 365 days, both times against Bowddoin.
Three Stars of the Game
1 – Bowdoin senior Shannon Brody (Scituate, Mass.) - scored a game-high 10 points and grabbed three rebounds.
2 – Bowdoin sophomore Kate Kerrigan (Wellesley Hills, Mass.) - finished with game-high eight rebounds and added eight points, five assists, and two steals.
3 – Salve Regina freshman Olivia Pierce (Tyngsboro, Mass.) - scored seven points and grabbed five rebounds in nine minutes of action.
Key Stat of the Game
27 players appeared in the contest and 23 had points in the stat sheet.
Bowdoin scored the first 13 points of the game.
- Bowdoin had earned a No. 18 ranking in the USA TODAY SPORTS TOP 25 DIVISION III WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACHES' POLL - 11/25/2015.
- Salve Regina scored the first three baskets of the second quarter - Deanna McCarvell (New London, Conn.), Tara Burke (Londonderry, N.H.), and Kerri Beland (Attleboro, Mass.) - and had the deficit in single digits (21-13) for the last time.
- Bowdoin sophomore Lydia Caputi (Brunswick, Maine) scored eight points and added five rebounds.
- Salve Regina senior Meaghan Harden (Sandwich, Mass.) made her team's only 3-pointer of the day and finished with seven points and seven rebounds.
- Seahawk sophomore Mary Eden (So. Kingstown, R.I.) and freshman Nicole Tapparo (Topsfield, Mass.) share game-high honors in steals with three apiece.
Salve Regina (1-5) – Wednesday, December 2 at Roger Williams, 5:30 p.m.
Bowdoin (2-2) – Tuesday, December 1 at Southern Maine, 7:30 p.m.