SEAHAWK WOMEN'S BASKETBALL RESULTS
Endicott 64, Salve Regina 60
Newport, R.I. - Rodgers Recreation Center
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
NEWPORT, R.I. - Endicott College women's basketball senior Sarah Hood (Burlington, Mass.) made 9-of-11 field goals for a game-high 19 points and made it a double-double with game-high 16 rebounds to lead the Gulls to a 64-60 victory over Salve Regina University in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at the Rodgers Recreation Center.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks lead the all-time series, 15-13, but the Gulls have won the last four meetings. Salve Regina has only won on the road this season and suffers its seventh straight loss at home (last win at Rodgers Recreation Center came on Feb. 10, 2016, against Nichols College, 64-51).
Three Stars of the Game
- Endicott senior Sarah Hood (Burlington, Mass.) made 9-of-11 field goals for a game-high 19 points and made it a double-double with game-high 16 rebounds.
- Salve Regina freshman Torie Scorpio (Cranston, R.I.) matched her career-high with 16 points.
- Salve Regina junior Mary Eden (So. Kingstown, R.I.) had a well-rounded game with 11 points, seven rebounds, seven steals, and four assists.
Key Stat of the Game
Both teams made 26 field goals (and four 3-pointers) so the four extra free throws made by the Gulls proved to be the difference (eight of 15 for Endicott to four of nine for Salve Regina)
After a layup by Tara Burke (Londonderry, N.H.) gave Salve Regina a nine-point lead (47-38) with 3:40 remaining in the third quarter, Endicott outscored the hosts, 24-8, over a 12-minute span.
- Salve Regina's largest lead was 16 points (32-16) and the Seahawks led by a dozen at halftime (36-24).
- Kerri Beland (Attleboro, Mass.) scored 14 points for Salve Regina, and sank a pair of 3-pointers.
- Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) and Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) joined Hood in double-figure scoring with 12 and 10 points, respectively.
- Endicott outrebounded Salve Regina, 41 to 35.