SEAHAWK WOMEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Salve Regina 20, Wentworth 10
Middletown, Rhode Island - Gaudet Field
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. - The Salve Regina University women's lacrosse team bounced back from two straight loses with a 20-10 victory over visiting Wentworth Institute of Technology in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Tuesday evening.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks remain undefeated, 7-0, all-time versus the Leopards.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina junior Maddie Villareal (Portsmouth, R.I.) scored six goals and handed out two assists to lead all scorers with eight total points.
- Salve Regina junior Kaity Doherty (Portsmouth, R.I.) scored five times and dished out an assist.
- Salve Regina sophomore Christina Myers (River Edge, R.I.) tied a season-high with 14 saves.
Key Stat of the Game
The Seahawks held 24-17 edge in ground balls.
After the Leopards tied the game 3-3 early in the first half the Seahawks went on a 10-2 scoring run to close out the frame. The Leopards scored first in the second half when Brooke Paradis (Pelham, N.H.) netted her third, but the Seahawks responded with back-to-back goals, and the Leopards could never get closer than eight goals the rest of the way. Five straight goals over a 10-minute span gave the Seahawks their largest lead, 20-7, before the Leopards tacked on three in the final minutes to mark the final score.
- Paradis finished with a hat-trick as did Emily Rogers (Pembroke, Mass.), and Sarah Galan (Colchester, Conn.) for the Leopards.
- Villareal and Doherty scored hat-tricks for the Seahawks along with four goals from Kiley Anderson (East Greenwich, R.I.).
- Lily Kuhns (Gloucester, Mass.) made seven saves in the loss to fall to 6-6 between the pipes for the Leopards.
- Salve Regina held a 38-29 edge in shots.
- The Leopards had a 17-15 advantage in draw controls but turned the ball over 25 times in the game.
Salve Regina (6-5, 3-4 CCC) hosts UMass Dartmouth on April 22 at 7 p.m. Wentworth (8-6, 1-6 CCC) wraps up the regular season versus Gordon on April 24.