SEAHAWK WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL RESULTS
Salve Regina 3, Gordon 1
Newport, Rhode Island - Rodgers Recreation Center
Saturday, October 22, 2016
The Salve Regina University women's volleyball team earned its third straight victory, and third conference win of the season by defeating Gordon College 3-1 (25-21, 25-21, 20-25, 25-10) in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Saturday afternoon at the Rodgers Recreation Center.
Series and Streaks
This was the 17th meeting all-time between the Seahawks and Fighting Scots, and only the third to go beyond three sets. The Seahawks have now won nine in a row to take a 9-8 edge in the series.
Three Stars of the Match
1 – Salve Regina freshman Annie Donahue (Chelmsford, Mass.) - had 11 kills with a .435 hitting percentage, and added three blocks.
2 – Gordon senior Carleigh Petersen (North Hills, Calif.) - had match-high 20 kills with .296 hitting percentage, and added two assists, nine digs, and a service ace.
3 – Salve Regina sophomore Cassidy Trablicy (Phoenix, Ariz.) - had 12 kills with a .216 hitting percentage, an assist, and six digs.
The Seahawks opened the fourth set on a 6-0 run with three straight attack errors from the Scots, a kill from sophomore Kendall Wilcox (Pomfret, Conn.), another attack error from the visitors, and then a service ace from starter Samantha Salwa (Ellington, Conn.). Salve Regina had a double-digit lead by 13-3.
- Megan Parham (Tulsa, Okla.) led the Seahawks with 18 digs.
- Maggie Risma (Hudson, Ohio) had a match-high 25 digs and added 17 assists for Gordon.
- Samantha Salwa (Ellington, Conn.) had a match-high 25 assists for Salve Regina.
- Amanda Snyder (San Jose, Calif.) and Francesca Testani (Shelton, Conn.) were also in double figures in kills with 12 and 11, respectively.
- Salve Regina had twice as many blocks as Gordon (eight to four).
Salve Regina (14-9, 3-4 CCC) – Tuesday, October 25 vs Curry, 7 p.m.
Gordon (11-13, 4-3 CCC) – Tuesday, October 25 vs Eastern Nazarene, 7 p.m.