SEAHAWK WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL RESULTS
Salve Regina 3, Nichols 0
Newport, R.I. - Rodgers Recreation Center
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
The Salve Regina University women's volleyball team swept visiting Nichols College 3-0 (25-9, 25-21, 25-18) on Tuesday evening in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action for its fifth straight victory.
Series and Streaks
This was the second meeting between the two teams. The Seahawks own a 2-0 record in the all-time series.
Three Stars of the Match
- Salve Regina sophomore Annie Donahue (Chelmsford, Mass.) had a match-high nine kills while swinging at a .350 clip.
- Salve Regina freshman Delaney Thome (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) tied for the match-high with 10 assists in just one set of action.
- Nichols sophomore Jayla Simmons (Rockledge, Fla.) had a match-high 22 digs.
Key Stat of the Day
The Seahawks had 31 kills in the match while the Bison only had 13.
Leading 1-0 in the match the Seahawks were clinging to a narrow 22-21 lead late in a back and forth second set. A kill from Annie Donahue improved the margin, then back-to-back Bison errors closed out the set victory for the Seahawks and a 2-0 lead. It was the closest margin of victory of the three sets played.
- J'ena Baker (Rockledge, Fla.) led the Bison with seven kills, while adding 14 digs and an ace.
- Zoe Chevrette (Wilbraham, Mass.) paced the Bison with nine assist.
- The Seahawks had nine aces in the match from four different players. Erin Proctor (Canton, Mass.) led all Seahawks players with four service aces of her own, three of which came in a row to close out the first set.
- Kathryn Linekin (Ridgefield, Conn.) led the Seahawks with 15 digs.
Salve Regina (10-10, 2-3 CCC) - hosts Bridgewater State on Thursday, October 12 (7 p.m.) in a non-conference match.
Nichols (3-20, 0-5 CCC) - travels to face UMass Dartmouth on Tuesday, October 17 (7 p.m.) in a non-conference match.