|DECEMBER 4 | 7:30 p.m.
RODGERS RECREATION CENTER • NEWPORT, R.I.
ROGER WILLIAMS HAWKS
(3-4, 0-1 CCC)
NEWPORT, R.I. - The Salve Regina University men's basketball team hosts Roger Williams University at 7:30 p.m. at the Rodgers Recreation Center in Newport, R.I., on Tuesday, December 4, in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Salve Regina athletics by connecting with the Seahawks on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #goSeahawks for an insider's look at Salve Regina's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
NEWPORT, R.I. - Salve Regina University men's basketball defeated visiting Newbury College, 69-67, in non-league action at the Rodgers Recreation Center on Saturday afternoon. The Seahawks (3-4) were led by freshman Mikey Spencer (Abington, Mass.) with 22 points and sophomore Cameron Collins (Oakdale, Conn.) with 17 points.
MORE READING: Seahawks keep Nighthawks well below season average
SEAHAWKS NOTES FROM THE NEST
- Senior Kevin Mannix and junior Andrew Bronstein are serving as captains for head coach Sean Foster in his 17th season.
- Freshman Mikey Spencer won his second Rookie of the Week honor from the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC).
- The Seahawks defeated the Nighthawks, 69-67, last Saturday while Salve Regina held Newbury 30 points below its season average.
- Three wins for Salve Regina have come at home, away, and neutral locations.
- Saturday was the first time Salve Regina won while scoring fewer than 91 points.
- Seahawks have four players averaging double-figure scoring: Mikey Spencer (17.6), Cameron Collins (13.1), Jonathan Friberg (11.9), and Kevin Kelly (11.7).
- The Hawks opened the season 2-4 in non-league games and have won their first two CCC contests.
- Austin Coene leads the Hawks in scoring (24.1 ppg) and ranks third in the league.
- Coene is also averaging 9.9 rebounds per game to rank fourth in the CCC.
- Roger Williams is tied for first place in free-throw percentage (75.2) with Curry; Salve Regina ranks last (61.5).
- The Hawks have made 79 of 224 from long range (35.3 percent) while the Seahawks have made 43 of 110 behind the arc (39.1).
INSIDE THE SERIES
As in-state rivals and charter members of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), these two schools are meeting for the 71st time in men's basketball (since 1984). Salve Regina leads the all-time series, 38-32, but the Hawks have won the last four meetings and six of the last eight.
Salve Regina plays at Worcester State University on Saturday at 1 p.m.; Roger Williams hosts Connecticut College at 1 p.m.