NEWPORT, R.I. (January 11, 2020) -- Salve Regina University junior guard Kevin Kelly (Valhalla, N.Y.) scored a team-high 20 points and dished out eight assists in an 87-77 victory over visiting Curry College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) men's basketball action at the Rodgers Recreation Center.
The Colonels (3-11, 1-4 CCC) were led by senior Kieran Carroll (Greenwich, Conn.) who totaled 28 points on 12 field goals (14 attempts) and four free throws.
Salve Regina (4-9, 1-4 CCC) made a season-high 14 3-pointers with four from Kelly, three each from Tyler Benjamin (Fitchburg, Mass.), Andrew Richards (Rosedale, N.Y.), and Mikey Spencer (Abington, Mass.), and a solo trey from senior Andrew Bronstein (Needham, Mass.).
Spencer finished with 17 points and a game-high eight rebounds as Salve Regina enjoyed a 14-carom advantage (35-21) on the boards. Carroll also led the visitors with seven rebounds.
- Benjamin and Kelly both had three steals for the Seahawks.
- Richards dished out five assists to go along with his 16 points.
- Cameron Collins added 12 points and tops all CCC players in field goal percentage (62.5%).
- Salve Regina wins for the 40th time in the all-time series (40-26).
- The Seahawks run their win streak to nine against the Colonels.