SEAHAWK WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 1, Endicott 1
St. George's - Middletown, R.I.
Saturday, November 17, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. - Senior netminder Jennifer O'Connell (Marstons Mills, Mass.) turned aside 40 shots as the Salve Regina University women's ice hockey team tied Endicott College 1-1 in Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) action Saturday afternoon.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks snap a five-game losing streak to the Gulls, but still remain winless in the series and trail 5-0-2 to Endicott all-time.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina senior Jennifer O'Connell stopped 40 shots including eight in overtime to preserve the tie.
- Endicott senior Vendella Johnson (Linkoping, Sweden) made 15 saves for the Gulls.
- Salve Regina senior Taylor Chisholm (Discovery Bay, Calif.) scored her team leading third goal of the season midway through the third period to tie the game.
Key Stat of the Game
The Seahawks held the Gulls to 0-for-7 on the powerplay.
Taylor Chisholm scored to tie the game in the second period, but it was the Seahawks short-handed specialty unit that proved to be the difference in the game. The Seahawks killed of seven total penalties on the afternoon, four of which were in the third period, including a 5-3 to keep the game tied 1-1. In overtime, the Seahawks relied on the heroics of O'Connell to hang on for the draw.
- The Gulls struck first off a turnover in the second period. Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) and Caroline Hughes (Andover, Mass.) were able to perfectly execute a 2-on-1 break, with Meier finished off the play for her first goal of the season.
- The Gulls outshot the Seahawks 41-16.
Salve Regina (1-6-1, 1-4-1 CHC) hosts Wesleyan on Tuesday, November 20 at 7 p.m. Endicott (3-1-2, 2-1-1 CHC) travels to Williams.