NEWPORT, R.I. - The Salve Regina University women's tennis team took an 8-1 victory over University of Saint Joseph (Conn.) in non-league action Monday afternoon.
Salve Regina (3-7) swept its doubles matches and got wins at Nos. 1,2,3,5, and 6 singles. Casey Farrell (Cumberland, R.I.) won her fifth straight match at third singles. Lily Gorman (South Yarmouth, Mass.) won her final regular-season home match of the fall with a straight-set decision at sixth singles. Shealyn FitzPatrick (South Windsor, Conn.) and Emily Kerr (Portland, Conn.) battled into three sets in darkness, while Annemarie Haas (Whitinsville, Mass.) squeezed out a straight-set win over Carolyn Callahan (Southington, Conn.) as lighting became an issue.
Tennis Match Results
Saint Joseph vs Salve Regina
10/07/19 at Newport, R.I.
(Leroy Avenue courts)
Salve Regina 8, Saint Joseph 1
1. Lauren Harvey (SRU) def. Jessica McAllister (USJ) 6-1, 6-0
2. Delaney Pothier (SRU) def. Domonique Carnot (USJ) 6-0, 6-0
3. Casey Farrell (SRU) def. Elaina Griffiths (USJ) 6-0, 6-0
4. Emily Kerr (USJ) def. Shealyn FitzPatrick (SRU) 5-7, 6-2, 1-0 (10-3)
5. Annemarie Haas (SRU) def. Carolyn Callahan (USJ) 7-6 (8-6), 6-3
6. Lily Gorman (SRU) def. Marie Emerson (USJ) 6-1, 6-2
1. Lauren Harvey/Delaney Pothier (SRU) def. Elaina Griffiths/Jessica McAllister (USJ) 8-2
2. Laura Krick/Makenzie Sadler (SRU) def. Carolyn Callahan/Marie Emerson (USJ) 8-2
3. Lily Gorman/Annemarie Haas (SRU) def. Domonique Carnot/Emily Kerr (USJ) 8-5
Saint Joseph 5-7
Salve Regina 3-7
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (1,2,3,6,5,4)
Official: Self-officiated T-2:58 A-57
The Seahawks next play on Wednesday, October 9, when they travel to face Springfield in more non-conference action. Saint Joseph (Conn.) (5-7) wraps up its regular season on Saturday, October 12, with a road match against Simmons.